2015年8月12日水曜日

Write answer to UNIT 3

3.1
1,opportunity arises
2,standards slip
3,disease spreads
4,evidence suggest
5,smoke rises
6,withstand pressure
7,teeth chatter
8,wind houls

3.2
1,The scientific evidence suggest human beings first emerged in Africa.
2,The wind was howling all night and it was raining, so I couldn't sleep.
3,The machine has to be made of materials that can withstand a lot of pressure.
4,Oh, no! There's fire. Look at the smoke rising from those buildings.
5,It was so cold I couldn't stop my teeth from chatting.
6,Our survey shows that parents believe standards have slipped at the school.
7,You must accompany Bob on one of his business trips to Asia, if the opportunity ever arises.
8,An alarming new disease is spreaded among cattle in the south of the country.

3.3
1,I don't want to pass up the chance of meeting such a famous person.
2,We'll have to draw up a contract before you start work, as it's a new position.
3,You're working too hard. You should try to take it easy for a while.
4,This new bullet-proof car can withstand the impact of a rocket-propelled grenade.
5,Do you have any interesting a snippet of information about our new boss to tell us?
6,The Minister faced a barrage of questions from reporters.
7,I had a stroke of luck last week. The police found my stolen wallet and nothing was missing.
8,There's been a spate of violent attacks in the area recently.
9,After her divorce Mandy was determined to put the past behind you and build a new life.

3.4
1,I think Shouzo Matuoka is the most stunningly attractive person.
2,I may scold the personwho is driving recklessly.
3,I prefer to a gentle breeze.
4,Maybe, I wouldn't write it.

3.5
1,He said he would throw us out, but it was just an idle threat.
2,They rushed the victim to hospital, in the vain hope of saving her life.
3,The government is encountering mounting criticism of its policies.
4,There is mounting concern across the world about climate change.
5,The horse was foaming at the mouth, so we called the vet.
6,Suddenly, without warning, Majorie burst into song.
7,The plain truth is that I hate my job.
8,I tried to persuade her but I'm afraid I failed miserably.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿